Friday, July 4, 2008

Sand and Cupcakes

Our family had the typical 4th of July on the beach. Joe's unit had a big BBQ that started at noon and went until the fireworks at 9:00. We took a break halfway through and went home so Joli could take a nap. While she did that, I went nextdoor and met all our new neighbors! They were having a little neighborhood 4th of July thing, and I got to meet everyone on the street!! Then Chris and Kacie came and picked us to go back to the beach and watch the fireworks. It was a very fun, yet somewhat exhausting day. Plus I burned the backs of my legs, which is always fun!

Here's my hubby and baby hanging out shortly after arriving on the beach.
Joli spent a lot of time rolling in the sand. I guess it felt cool?!?! One of the funniest parts of the day is when we went back to the beach in the evening. When Chris and Kacie came to get us they also gave Joli a bath while I did the dishes. Once we were on the beach, Joli started rolling in the sand and I can hear Chris saying "Didn't I just give you a bath?!?! You're getting all sandy!". I was laughing so hard! Wait til he's a daddy!
We spent hours in this tent to try and keep Joli out of the sun, and all of the sudden she noticed what was sitting on the other side of her "play area".
So we gave her one, of course!
Unfortunately she's big on crumbling things right now, and no matter how much I told her that it was falling in the sand, it didn't seem to matter until the end.
Poor Cupcake! At least Joli learned her lesson after eating a dropped piece of watermelon right out of the sand, and then trying to scrape it off with hand that was also covered in sand!

1 comment:

Laume said...

Cute picture of Joe and Joli - sort of shows the backdrop of a picnic.
I would have laughed at Chris too!