Monday, August 18, 2008

The Weekend

Here's Joli hanging out and getting ready for the weekend. We actually bought the hat for Jessica's son Cole, but Joli has insisted on wearing it the past couple days.

Part of our big weekend plans were to pick up Joe's brother, Sam, and his girlfriend, Kyla, whom I have known since Jr. High, and head up to Magic Mountain for a fun day of wild rides. We dropped Joli off with my mom and headed off to pretend we are still young and without responsibility.

Here is Kyla and I waiting in line for the newest ride in the park. It was one of the best rides, but was by far the longest line at one and a half hours! Kyla and I weren't the ones complaining though.

These guys were! Everytime we got into a line Kyla and I braced ourselves for the whining! We made the best of it though.
I think I looked pretty cute that day. I was going for hair and outfit with the least wind resistance. I'm still sore!
The next day we headed to the beach! Joli loved having Uncle Sam around to chase her down the beach!
Then Sunday was spent relaxing and recovering from our wild adventures! Overall it was a very good time!!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

What great pictures! I don't have guts to go to Magic Mountain, I am usually the DCW (designated child watcher)!!! :)

We'll get together soon! Enjoy every minute with Joe!!!

Much love girl!
Sonya

Laume said...

I'm with Sonya, I'm not a rider, I'm a watcher.

Really cute photos of all of you. The first photo, of Joli in the hat, is the first time my first thought was "Wow, she looks JUST like Lisa in this picture!" Cute one of her and Sam too, did you send it to him?