Sunday, August 31, 2008

Perfect Beach Day

My friend Jessie and her daughter, Angelina, came down for the holiday weekend. We were so exhausted from having so much company that we weren't very good hosts. But we did manage one fun trip to the beach. Joli and Angelina were so cute wearing their sunglasses in the car on the way to the beach.
I was so excited when Joe told me that we weren't just going to drop him off at the base, that he was going to come with us!! He never goes to the beach with us unless his family is in town! He tried to relax a little on the towel and Joli joined him for a brief second before she decided there was just too much fun to be had!
After some time digging in the sand, Joe and Joli moved on to a fun game of chase and fly. Flying high!
Coming down! I don't know why babies love this game so much. I would pee myself. Well I guess they might do that too. Good thing there's diapers!
Here I am showing Joe and Joli the right way to pack in the sand castle mold so that it makes a perfect castle.
They were not impressed and Joli immediately smashed everything I created. So I started a game of trying to bury her as she kicked sand violently in all directions.
She thought it was an incredibly fun game. Joe just enjoyed watching her laugh so much.
After awhile we decided to join Jessie and Angelina in the water. Joli was fine until we got farther out and the seaweed was surrounding her. Then she began the climb up her daddy's body!
Joe was not sympathetic. He found it so amusing that he kept sticking her back in the water to watch her do it again.
But before too long Joli was soaking wet and had moved from whining to crying. So Joe took pity on her and cuddled her in a towel.
This lasted for a brief moment before she realized that I was going over to check out the huge alligator that someone had obviously spent all day making.
Then Joli and Angelina played in the small pool around the alligator until the waves started coming in.
We were all starting to get hungry so we decided to head home and change before going back out to Olive Garden. Joe hung out and waited for a table while Jessie and I took the girls and walked around the mall. Most people would find it hard to keep two small girls from running off, but all you have to do is ask the older one to help the younger one by holding her hand and they don't leave your sight!

1 comment:

Miss Elena said...

the picture of joli being thrown up is really good.
you should be in my photo class with me.

which reminds me!
i want to do a photo shoot of joli at some point for my class :]