Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Friend Filled Day

This morning we met Abby and Kacie plus crew at the zoo. Lilly wanted very much to be in control and Joli had no problem milking it.

Our first stop was the reptile area. We were en route to the alligators but we saw lots of "cool creatures" on the way.

Syrus finally decided after almost a year that I am pretty cool. Up until today he has barely spoken more than a few words to me, but today it was a constant stream of "Wisa, what is that?" and "Wisa, what's that noise?". It was so fun walking around with Joli and Syrus, and talking about all the different animals, and what they were doing, and whether they were boys or girls, and what kind of food they eat. Syrus even went to some exhibits with me, without Abby!
Joli didn't think I was as cool as Syrus, so she kind of wavering back and forth between liking me and liking Abby. I think the only reason she was as interested in me was because of the interest Syrus was showing. Once we weren't with them anymore she went back to thinking I was totally uncool.
I like this picture just because it looks so funny at the angle it was taken. It looks like Joli is huge compared to Syrus.
Once Sleeping Beauty woke up from her nap, she and Kacie joined us. She was still a bit crabby but only because there's a tooth coming through.
See look! I'm taking pictures of Syrus and he's even smiling at me!!! I'm so excited to have a new friend!

By the time we were leaving the zoo, Kacie and Abby were calling me The Toddler Whisperer. I kept saying "Look there's more animals this way", and then I'd go on to talk about the stuffed animals in the shop window next to the exit, and then the signs outside the gate. I kept it up all the way into the parking lot when I started talking about the different kinds of cars and then the kids finally figured out we were leaving. I still really enjoyed talking about the colors on the ducks wings and how many turtles are in the pond.
Unfortunately we picked the one day to go the zoo that it's rained in over a month. So we hid out in the Jaguar exhibit, as he also did not like the rain.


It was still raining on our way out so we decided that instead of getting soaked walking all the way across the park, we would take the skyfari back. The kids loved it. The adults just got through it.
What you can't see is how tightly I'm gripping the bars and the fact that I never once looked out of the car.
This evening we had our first girls dinner in months. Since Charlotte has just started crawling I cleaned all my floors just before they came and made sure no one walked on them with dirty shoes.
The kids once again had a great time while all us girls enjoyed some adult conversation.

Now I'm exhausted and must sleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Lisa....Syrus is so funny, but we already know you're kid special...Charlotte's favorite and all!!!
Pam

kacie said...

Is that what that was.. a Jaguar... shit... thought I had it right. Need to brush up on my animals clearly!

Sue Wilkey said...

No thank you on the "Skyfari". Why don't those things have parachutes and helmets.

Thanks for de-lurking!