Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just Call Me Super-Nester!!!

I think it's safe to say that I've officially started nesting. At the beginning of the week every one started talking about how much rain was coming. Well I really didn't want my glider to get wet, and since it was on the porch that meant I needed to bring it in. But where to put it? Pretty much set the wheels in motion of completely re-organizing the house. Once I brought the glider in I decided to go through the Jack-n-Jill closet between Joli's room and the office, because at the time I couldn't even open the door. Not a problem now.
I continued to go through the office and by the time I was done I had a recycle pile, a trash pile, and a fairly large Goodwill pile. Then I had the problem that once I got the glider in the living room there was no place to set things while sitting in it. So I decided to take the end table out of my room that wasn't really being used. But then that left a hole where the dog could get to books and wires. So that meant I needed to move the dresser, but since I was planning on moving the dresser at some point to make room for the crib anyway, I just figured while I was doing it, why not put it where I want it? Of course once I did that I needed to put up the crib.
I added some non-baby things to make it not look so much like it's just waiting for a baby.
I also had these shelves that I've been meaning to put up for about six months. Well those went up too.
At that point I was kind of on a roll and started going though the cupboards in the kitchen to get rid of the things we didn't want and organize the things we did.
Here is the living room after I got the glider it. I had to rearrange three or four pieces of furniture to make it fit.
Then yesterday I woke up not really sure what I was going to do with the day, but after watching about four home improvement shows I decided painting was a good plan! Here's the wall yesterday morning.
Here's the wall last night!!
Now I just have to take the tiling class so I can re-tile the bathrooms and kitchen, and replace the toilet in our bathroom!! There's still plenty more, but that's what I hope do in the next two weeks.

1 comment:

Sage said...

Wow. My nesting phase was easy, it didn't start until about a month before I was due, so I got up, and started to rearrange the living room. After 3 hours, my water broke, haha!