Sunday, March 2, 2008

Do You Bop?

Many might call me crazy for not only taking my one-year-old to see the Doodlebops Live, but paying for a full priced ticket for her, and buying her a Moe Doll at the concert! But those people would not know my child. Joli loves the Doodlebops! I don't let her watch very much t.v., but if I remember when it's on, then I'll let her watch it. She loves to dance and jump up and down every time she hears the music. We listen to the CD in the car and she gets so excited she'll start shaking the car! Now it's quite a bit different to see them live, but Joli still loved it.
Unfortunately we were seated up in the terrace, which is a little nerve racking when your baby wants to stand at the railing. She did really well during the first half. She danced and clapped and laughed. It was great!Then there was a 15 minute intermission, which pretty much was the beginning of the end. Trying to keep her occupied in the stands was quite a bit difficult! She wanted to climb up and down the stairs except they were cement and she wasn't paying attention. She almost fell down them a few times! Then they turned the lights back off and she screamed because I would let her climb around anymore. Not only was is not safe because she could fall, but I could barely see her! So I took her down to the next level and we stood in the back. We could still see the stage but there was plenty of room to run and dance without me having to worry about her plunging to her death.
Now here is the part where I lost my better judgement and was thinking only of getting my child something to remember her first concert for her (we went to a Daughtry concert for my birthday, but she slept through most of it). So I went to the atm and agreed to pay the $5 service charge, to take out $20, only to turn around and hand the entire amount to some "dude" for a Moe doll. Now if Joli was completely in love with this doll I suppose it would have been okay, but even though she carried it all the way to the car, she hasn't touched it since.
After the concert I had decided earlier that we would go to In-N-Out and split something. Turns out that I'm not the only one that enjoys milk shakes! Although Joli did eat a little bit of my cheese burger, she was please with herself to be able to dip her fries!
We didn't really get a chance to eat more than a snack before the concert, so I think the food was almost as exciting!
It was a good time, and I think Joli and I certainly enjoyed it. I also think that it will be a lot more fun once she's older. Yay Doodlebops!

1 comment:

Miss Elena said...

the doll isn't that bad
when you told me i was thinking its face was deformed or something
hahaha