Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Graduate

As I mentioned before, Jessica and her family were here this week for her brothers graduation from boot camp. So yesterday Joli and I went with them to the ceremony since it's only about 10 minutes from here, and I've known Cody since he was about eight years old. The base that he was on is a very old base with lots of pretty architecture. (I say old with relevance to how old our country is. I know that for those of you that frequent other countries, one hundred years may seem fairly new.) It was so fun to look at the cool buildings and beautiful trees. I, of course, understand that boot camp is very difficult, but when you first arrive on base it's hard not to be somewhat envious. One of the things that I really enjoyed seeing was the American Flag surrounded by the flags of the fifty states. It's not often that I get a chance to that.
Another one of the perks to going to graduation, was that Joli and I got to get all dressed up and pretty! I bought Joli a dress a few days ago that I decided not only could she wear it to graduation, but it would also make an adorable easter dress, and come summer I can just throw her wings on her and it will be great for the faery festival as well!
Even though it was an outside graduation, Joli still had a hard time being patient. When the band was playing, or the platoons were marching by she was just fine, but during all the speeches she was all over the place. It's understandable considering most of the adults were bored, but it was still a little nerve racking.

Here is Cody as he was marching by. I was right in front so I could get a few good pictures.After gradution was over we went back to Jessica's hotel so every one could change before we went out to lunch. We also took a few pictures while we were there.
Joe asked why I always have to look hot when he's not here. I think maybe because he's always not here! But I make an effort to do it when he's here too!
Then we went down to Old Towne to have some wonderful mexican food! Joe and I have a favorite place down there, so I took every one there and we ate out on the patio in the sunshine! Afterwards we walked around a little bit. Joli certainly enjoyed wandering around and checking things out.
Who would have thought a sewer hole could be so interesting? Joli was walking over it, spinning around, jumping up and down, and dancing on it.
Then she got bored and started waving at smiling passersby. She looked so sweet in her little dress, and was so patient for having such a long day.
We ended up going to one of the prettier malls in the area and then having dinner together. It was a nice day, but I think Joli was definitely done at then end. She didn't wake up to come into my bed until 7:30 this morning! I feel well rested as well, because I also slept most of the night for once! It was a fun few days but we are happy to relax now!

2 comments:

Laume said...

That dress is PERFECT!!!! Too adorable!

Miss Elena said...

awww your right!
that dress is so cute and would be great for the festival :]