Thursday, March 27, 2008

Future Florist of America

Every time Joli and I go to the farmer's market, I try to buy some flowers to brighten up our house. They usually last about a week. So the ones that I bought last week were starting to get a little droopy, and I decided that since Joli had been asking for one all week that I would cut off the bottoms and let her play with them. She was thrilled.
I found her a little basket to carry them in, and set them on the coffee table.
Now not only were there flowers, but there was a basket to take them in and out of, and to carry to different locations around the house.
She was so happy that I finally let her have the flowers, she didn't know what to do first. After she took them all out, she then started putting them back in, making sure to leave a few on the couch just to make it pretty.
Then she carried her basket to her bedroom and left a few on the slide. Then took her basket to the hallway were a few of the red ones were sacrificed in order to make a beautiful pathway of petals from one end of the hall to the other. Afterwards she carried the basket to the living room where she placed a few on her table, and then spread a few more petals on the couch. Now she is back in her bedroom sliding them down the slide. Who would have thought such a simple thing could keep her so occupied. Looks like I'm going to have a little helper if I ever get a garden.

1 comment:

Laume said...

Ahhhhhhhhh. She has the heart of a fairy. So cute! She'd probably have a blast this summer in the yard attackin...er, I mean admiring her grammy's flowers - will you guys even be here during the green season this year?