Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Fun!

Joe and I decided that we would make the little drive over Yuma to see my grandparents for Easter. It was nice to see them since we only do about 2-3 times a year. Joli loved their lot. As you can see it's mostly gravel, but it's completely fenced, and Joli ran and ran until we went to bed and as soon as we woke up. Here she is, off to check out the gate.
We had to keep an eye on her once she did get there because of the prickly cactus in the front. At one point I ran over and stopped her from touching them, so to thank me, she threw herself at my feet, kicked me and screamed.
I followed her around with the camera a lot. She just looked so cute in her little dress. I don't put her in them very often because they're hard to play in. But she wears them so well!
We decided that we would bring only what we needed this trip, which meant that since Joli chose not to nap at all on the way over, she was quite a bit cranky by the evening. Plus she didn't have a shirt on because her grandma let her drink water from a water bottle. It took what seemed like hours for that shirt to dry.
But of course mommy's always make it better.
Blankies and binkies help too I guess.
Eventually I just found her a sweatshirt and she took off running through the dark!
This is the basket the "Easter Bunny" brought for Joli. She got real flowers, Sugar-free suckers, and eggs filled with organic bunny crackers and organic cranberry-orange cookies. My mom brought plenty of candy, so don't worry she wasn't in any way deprived.
I think she liked what was inside the eggs, but she was mostly obsessed with opening and closing them.
She poured out all the bunny crackers.
She also had a good auntie to help her with the reclosing.
After Joli was done with her Easter basket, we both got dressed and went into the motorhome for some breakfast.
My mom decided to do the Easter egg hunt before it got too hot. Joli got a five minute head start, and did almost as well as my sisters. The only problem was that every time she found an egg, she would dump in out into the dirt and then I would have to scramble to pick up the contents while she looked for another one.
Nothing's better than a mouth full of jelly beans.
The only problem with hunting eggs first, was that by the time it was time to eat, Joli was full of candy. But it was pretty close to meltdown time anyway, so after Joe and I were done, Joe loaded up the car and I watched Joli walk around giving every one a kiss. Before we even got on the Freeway she was asleep and stayed that way all the way home. It was a good little trip!

1 comment:

Miss Elena said...

you need to send me the other pictures of me and joli :]