Sunday, March 16, 2008

Three Little Monkey's

It was somewhat of a nice day, so Joe and I decided to take Joli to the zoo. We barely got through the gate when Joli started squealing about the flamingoes!! Immediately followed by an echo of people around us saying "Oh, she's so cute". We must be used to it because Joe and I just went "yeah, we know". I mean she is cute and all, but these people don't get to go home with her and see her "other" side. Anyway, flamingoes!
There was also a "kitty". Not one that I would want laying on my couch, but still very pretty.
I was very excited to spend some time in reptile and amphibian area. We usually completely miss it, but this time we made an effort to go. I got to see a ton of turtles! It was so exciting. There were also some pretty cool multi-colored lizards. Apparently it's true that turtles mate for life. This male was very enthusiastic (and loud). The female just tucked her head in and took it, much like human females do!
It was also very exciting to see this huge crocodile! I've never seen one in person before. The most I know is what I learned on the Crocodile Hunter! Very cool!
There were also a couple cool little rooms that had all kinds of smaller turtle, snakes, and frogs! This one was so neat looking. I knew they exsited, but to actually see one was so neat!

That was our day at the zoo. Joli had a great time and actually looked a ton of stuff, but I think I had the most fun!

1 comment:

Laume said...

So Joli liked the lawn ornaments, eh? And yes, she IS cute! And don't get all jaded about it because some day she'll still have her other side but she'll be too old for people to be saying "Ahhhh!" in public anymore. So enjoy it while you can!

And human females just hunker down and take it, huh? Hmmmm.