Thursday, August 1, 2013

Portland!!

Yesterday we took a little trip up to Portland to visit Elena, Dylan, and Grandpa Pat!! There house was sooooo cool! It was huge and had all kind of little hidden nooks and crannies! Joli found Sampson's hiding spot!! Markus didn't know that Sampson used to live with us, but Joli was very excited to see him!
 I would LOVE to have this tub!
 Markus loved exploring the house, especially Auntie E's room!

 Markus decided to pretend he was a cat.


 After we hung out and saw the house for awhile, we went to get a little sandwich from Elena's favorite 24 hour coffee shop! It was super cute, and she's even going to have her art displayed in there later this year!!
 The place I really wanted to see was Powell's Books, so after awhile we headed in that direction.
 I kept saying "I'm not a tourist, I swear", as I hung my camera out the car window...

 Then we finally made it to Powell's! We had such a great time! The kids sat and listened to us all take turns reading books to them. We were there for quite awhile, and even though I never made it past the children's area, I really enjoyed myself!


 After awhile Markus got bored, but then we found the Super Hero section!
 It was such a cool place!
 I had to run across the street to the Starbucks to find a Portland mug. It was a super cool Starbucks!

 Another goal for the summer achieved!
After trying to make our way to the restaurant for awhile, we were SO excited to see a TWO WAY street! 
 We went to a cute little Mexican restaurant that was very delicious! Markus was... pretty good.
 Here's Joli and Elena with their eyes closed...
 It was so nice to see my daddy! I miss them now that they live so far away!!

 I was telling Laume about how annoyed Joli was every time I pointed out a brick building on the East coast. So then we made it a point to BOTH point them out to her! They were really pretty though.
 One of them had a cute little restaurant inside.
 Cool Urban garden...
 My mother-in-law tonguing a Tiki Man....
 After we walked around for awhile, we found a cool little frozen yogurt place. The ceiling was so cool!
 We had a wonderful time visiting, and then watched the sunset on the way home.

No comments: