Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sweet Home!

Yesterday we arrived at Aunt Karen's around lunch time, and the kids were so excited they took off! Markus found a great place to play.
 I made us some sandwiches and we sat under the new patio!! It is so pretty!
 It didn't take long for Joli to find her way up into the berries.

 Soon Markus joined her.


 I went up to try a few and discovered that there were some worms in some of them. We were a little more selective after that!



 Markus insisted we all dress appropriately.


 Next we decided to explore the rest of the garden!
 Joli and I tasted one of the grapes even though it wasn't ripe yet.
 There were some beautiful tomatoes.
 Markus loves seeing what's growing, and he did a great job pointing out the cucumbers, which he just loves!


 Joli found the plum tree and pretty much ignored us for awhile.

 There was an adorable little watermelon!
 A tiny one starting to grow.
 Zucchini!


 Then we found the blackberries, which did NOT have worms in them!



 We tasted a few apples, but it's not really apple season yet.





 Then I wandered the garden.



 I decided to go inside and relax a little.
 But Markus wanted me to come out and see all the things he could see.

 Then we got on the swing.



 Finally we made it inside.



 On the way to my Dad and Lori's I realized I have a chandelier, butterfly wings, and a cowboy hat in my rear view mirror. Story of my life!
 Lori was a couple minutes behind us, so the kids played hide-n-seek in the yard.



 Once Grandma Lori arrived, Markus was all about playing with her!


 We checked out her garden too!

 Joli found one of Uncle Marshall's old costumes and couldn't wait to put it on!





 Then we went over to check out the neighbors adorable puppies!!


 The kids asked the whole way over if they could play in the pool. Why not!?


 Then Markus happily played with all the other toys he could find.


No comments: