Monday, October 8, 2007

Birthday Presents and Finds

I received several wonderful things for my birthday. Some of which were given to me and some of which I bought with birthday money I got from grandparents and my dad and his family. One of my favorite things is this mug I got from Starbucks when Kacie and I went out for coffee Saturday morning. They had just marked it down to $2.99, and my friend Katie gave me a Starbucks card for my birthday so I just had to buy it!

When my family came they also brought presents that included a giant cookie, (which was eaten before I could take a picture), and this luminary! It's really cool!

After we went out for my birthday dinner, we went to Target and I used some of my birthday money to buy some things. One of which was this spooky candle holder. And then I got the candles at Micheal's yesterday!
And these are my fuzzy boots that I've been asking for for about two years. Now I just got to get some skinny jeans to fit in them!While we were at Micheal's I found these photo/video boxes for only $1.50!! They were just so pretty. These one's I'm using for pictures and scrapbook stuff.
This is what the tops look like. They're just so cute!
I also got some to organize our VHS tapes . This way I could put the DVD's in the drawers and I don't have to worry about tiny fingers pulling them out anymore.
Then today, Kacie and I went to Ikea! Without husbands to complain, it made for a very fun trip! While there I found this adorable little lantern for just a couple dollars!I'm also been looking for some kind of nightlight I can put above Joli's bed to be able to see her better at night. So while we were at Ikea I found this sweet little moon light that attaches to the wall. They also had stars but the light of the moon was just too cute. This is what it looks like in the dark.
And this is with the lights on.
I also found an island for my kitchen while we were at Ikea. We have a fairly large kitchen area so I thought it would give me more cooking space and I would have to have my back to Joli all the time. They had some on sale for $49, and I can stain it whatever color I want. I already have a dark wood stain so I think I'm going to use that. Plus it'll match my kitchen table better. This is what it looks like so far. (I haven't done anything but take it out of the box.)
Hopefully I'll have more pictures of it tomorrow. I also got a ton of scrapbook stuff yesterday when we went to the scrapbook store. And Kacie got me some cool scrapbook stuff for my birthday too. I'll show more of those once I get some pages done!

1 comment:

Laume said...

Where to begin, there's so much to comment on - I guess an all encompassing - like it all! 'Specially the moon and the cup. Hey, you could stencil a moon jumping over the... I mean a COW jumping over the moon. And then a cat. And a fiddle. A Dish.... spoon....... dog.....okay, I'll stop now.