Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Island

This morning was spent putting together the island. It wasn't too bad except the tools I had kept pooping out. I did have a little help though.
I didn't actually stain it or anything yet. I think it looks pretty like that for now. Once we get back from our travels I will probably put in the effort to make it gorgeous, but this week is going to be mostly devoted to things that need to be done before we leave. Joli was just fine with the process and enjoyed all the fun things to play with, right up until the last two screws that for some reason where resisting, and between them and the crying it felt as though someone had turned on the heat. But I persisted and won. I don't think Joli was done being angry though.
She's still not speaking to it. I assume that once she gets up from her nap, she will forgive it in order to get to the clanky bowls that are so much fun to play with.

No comments: