Saturday, January 19, 2008

Busy Trip

Well we started off on our trip on Tuesday. We drove nine hours up to my friend Jessica's , and stayed the night with her. Joli enjoyed watching her fire.
Then we set off again the next day, and drove nine hours more, to where my family lives in Oregon. We finally arrived exhausted and excited to be here.
We spent the first day just laying around my Aunt Karen's house. After such a long trip we didn't feel like running around and visiting people. So after running over to Wal-Mart to get a bathing suit for the hot tub, we just relaxed. Joli enjoyed following around their cat and saying "Hi" every time it would come close to her.
Another thing we got while we were at Wal-Mart was pj's for Joli. She has a whole bunch in the size clothes that she wears, but for some reason the feety-pj's in that size are so long that they drag and then she slips on Aunt Karen's hardwood floors. So we got her one's that are a size smaller. They fit still but just barely. I think they'll last at least until we go home. I'm still puzzled as to why there is such a vast difference in the two sizes.
Yesterday was my cousin's wedding. It was so much fun. They had it in a little enclosed gazebo in the woods. There was a nice big fire place in the front that kept the room pretty cozy, and was the perfect backdrop for their vows. We all had a really good time, especially Joli and my cousin's daughter, who ran around the room like a tiny Speedy Gonzalez.
They didn't really play together too much, but I think that mostly because Joli spent most of her time over by the food. I'm pretty sure she ate more than every one there!
After the reception was over we headed over to my dad's house to hang out and relax. Joli played with toys and enjoyed herself. This was the little outfit she wore to the wedding.
Once we were there for a little while I got her clothes changed and she was able to practice riding the horse they had.
She also loved it when my dad pushed her around the house in the wagon for all the Mega Blocks.
After such a busy day we were both exhausted.




No comments: