Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Apple Picking!

Kacie, Nicki, Joli and I decided to head up to Julian to do some traditional fall apple picking. We've never been before but we've heard a lot about it and thought it would be a lot of fun. So here was our fun little experience.

Joli insisted on holding the bag until we got it about halfway filled and then she agreed that maybe I should I hold it.
She was so cute when we first got there. She took a bite out of every other apple she picked! Eventually I talked her into only picking ones that were big and red.
This is the point when she decided that maybe I should hold the bag.
Apparently apple orchards are a lot of walking for little legs and Joli talked Nicki into giving her a ride. Unfortunately Nicki was picking leaves and pieces of apple out of her hair all the way home.
I was so excited that I decided that I needed to have two bags that each held 7 lbs. of apples. It didn't take long before I had completely filled my bags and then I came across these HUGE green apples. So what else should I do but begin stuffing them down my shirt! Fortunately this was after the black fuzzy spider fell down my shirt and I totally freaked out and pulled off my shirt and my bra leaving Kacie and Nicki in hysterics from not only seeing me freak out but also getting a nice shot of my boobs. Lucky for me we were the only ones that decided to go apple picking today.
Here are my two bags with as many apples as I could fit in them. Kacie was very nice and let me put some apples in her bag.
Joli was absolutely thrilled by all the wonderful opportunities to eat apples!
Once we had finally finished picking and were all ready to go we decided to try and take a picture, but it was almost 2:00 and we were all hungry and as you can see some of us did not think picture taking was a good plan.
So we came home and I unloaded all my booty only to discover that I truely had picked a ton of apples and they wouldn't even fit in the basket I had intended them to!!
Now it's time for apple pie!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys look so cute

Sonya said...

That looks amazing!!!! How much fun you must have had! Was it expensive to do that?

And YUM...fresh apple pie! Your house is going to smell amazing!

Hugs!!