Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ordinary Life

Well Joli and I have officially moved back into a normal life. After two days of not quite knowing what to do with myself and feeling as though any person that looked at me the wrong way was going to open the flood gates, I have pulled myself together.

Today Kacie and I took Joli to the Wild Animal Park. We only ended up staying a few hours, but it was nice all the same. Joli was in her typical "I do NOT have to listen to anything anyone else says" mood. Here is a shining example of what "We cannot climb into the pigpen" will get you.
Then there was the stare down with the duck. Ducks are cool until they start quacking at you, then there is a string of Joli words that roughly translates to "you better just back it up there my friend".
After Kacie was an amazing sweetheart and bought us lunch, we headed over to check out the gorillas. This lasted a few moments until I discovered that the smell we thought was coming from the gorillas, actually had her butt right in my face. So with some heavy negotiating and eventually a kicking and screaming toddler rolled up under my arm, we headed off to correct the problem.

When then headed down to check out the lions. Joli was particulary excited about this as she is now the proud new owner of a stuffed lion from the wonderful Target $1 section. Once we got down to the lions Joli pressed her face against the glass and repeated "lion kitty, lion kitty". I'm assuming this goes back to a previous conversation about how lions are just like kitties.As always, riding around in a stroller is completely exhuasting and one must stop and rest. . . at every, single bench you come across!
I guess at the end of the day all that really matters is who you're sleeping with! Quite a big bed for such a little girl, and notice how her feet are once again searching for Joe. Always a daddy's girl! Love you babe!

No comments: