Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Yes, I know it's not even Halloween yet, but when I asked Joe last week if there was any special meal he wanted before he left, he requested Thanksgiving. So I went to the store and bought all the fixings and even some decorations to make it feel just a little more like Thanksgiving. I even turned the air conditioner down a few more degrees in hopes of making it feel like it wasn't really 95 degrees outside!

Joli was a big help. While I made pie she brought her blanket and a pillow into the kitchen to hang out with me. Notice the Christmas pajamas! I think we've gone a little holiday crazy. But they were just so cute and I just pulled them out of the box of clothes she's grown into!
After I got the pies baking I went downstairs to get more Thanksgiving decorations, which happen to be in the same box with the Halloween decorations. So I let Joli have all the stuffed animals and the kids books in the box. She was so excited about this hat too!
Here she is surrounded by all her booty. She must have played with it for hours, and I don't know how many times she brought those two books into the kitchen for me to read.
Apparently this is a "cheese" face. It was just so cute!
Here is the harvest wreath I bought today. JoAnn Fabrics already has all their Fall and Halloween stuff on sale, so I got a bunch of stuff early this morning. I snuck out of bed to go get the decorations and few last minute items for dinner. Then while Joe was out running his errands I put everything up. It was so much fun because he thought I was just cooking!
I've had these two little pumpkins for a few years. I wanted to get a few more fake ones to put out front, but they cost more than the real ones!
Here is another treasure I found and JoAnn's. I like that she's a broom, gives her some extra character I think!
This little guy is so sweet, and I'm so excited to have my own yard that I can put holiday stuff in! Christmas this year is going to rock!!!!
I bought four strands of harvest garland today and I think they really add some color to our kitchen. I love our kitchen but I do agree that it's really white!
Here is the center piece I put together. I bought the leaves and the little fake gourds, but I have so many baskets I figured I could just put it together myself. I also did the basket in the corner. It's full of those cinnamon scented pine cones. I buy a bunch every year and keep fresh ones until January. I just love how they smell!!
Joli also liked my centerpiece and I spent a large portion of my day putting it back together. But she was having so much fun that I really didn't care.
Here's Joli after her nap. She's all dressed up and eating her new favorite snack, apples!
I was having a hard time entertaining Joli during the "crunch time" of making Thanksgiving dinner, so her daddy decided to dance around the house with her. She didn't mind one bit!
As usual I got so caught up in the event that I forgot to take pictures, but here is our table after we demolished a large portion of food. Chris and Kacie joined us for dinner so I sent them home with half the leftovers. Now none of us have to cook for a couple days!
Happy Harvest!!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

HOW AWESOME!!! You are so wonderful and thoughtful to go that extra step for Joe! I am glad that he got to have a great meal with family and friends!

*hugs*

Tonya Staab said...

I think that's fabulous you are giving him Thanksgiving and Halloween before he leaves.