Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Washy Washing

Today Joli and I took on the enormous task of washing all her toys. I brought her plastic tubs outside for her and filled them with warm soapy water, and then just rotated every 5-10 minutes with new toys. Joli loved it!
I gave her her own little wash clothes. I don't know how much she used them, but she just loved dunking her toys in and out of the water and then pouring the water out of the toys.
She was very excited once we got to the stacking cups. This was the point that I was very glad I decided to do this activity on the porch because the water was everywhere! Apparently it was pretty cool to see how the water flowed out of the bottom of each cup and onto the ground. In this picture Joli is washing "Daddy". It's just a little miniature figure of a guy that was in the rainforest animals but she has decided that he is daddy. I know it's not simply because he is a man, because she has named another figures "papa". Just any figure dressed in any kind of green and brown that wears boots!
Here she is with that last of the toys. She is explaining to me now that she has washed baby cow.
Once all the toys were clean it was time to get dressed and wait for them to dry. Joli was not pleased.
As it got closer to nap time she decided to try and hide the fact that she was very tired. "I see you".
This picture was taken moments before "punkin bear" said something very offense and he and the clothes basket were thrown across the kitchen followed by very angry screams.
That was the moment that made up my mind about whether or not she truely was ready for a nap.

No comments: