Monday, September 8, 2008

Joli's Big Day

WARNING: IF YOU ARE AT ALL QUEASY OR ARE GROSSED OUT EASILY, DO NOT READ THIS POST!!!!!

While I was changing Joli's diaper today she asked if she could sit on her potty. Of course I would like to encourage her to sit on it as much as she likes, so I helped her hop down off her changing table and she went to sit on her little potty. Meanwhile I went into her closet to pick out some clothes for her to wear. A few minutes later she came into the room and said shamefully "Oh, pee pee". I went to look in the bathroom to discover that she had actually pooped in her potty!!! At first she was afraid she had done something wrong, but I gave her lots of praise and told her how proud I was of her. Then ultimate of all compliments, I brought her into the living room to take a picture!

I think she is still a little confused, but it is a step in the right direction!!

Later in the day Joli and I were relaxing on our front porch only to discover that yet another annoying person did not get the memo that we had bought the house. So as I sat on my porch watching one more freak with a camera, I decided I'd had enough. I grabbed my camera and walked out to my driveway to take pictures of them. After about four pictures a very flabbergasted women sped off down the road. That'll teach 'em!

On my way back inside Joli was a little confused why I had my camera out and had not taken any pictures of her, so I just happened to get this wondeful shot.

Her face wasn't perfectly clean, but honestly doesn't matter to me!

In the evening Joe, Joli, and I all decided to sit out on the porch. I had brought out a piece of leftover pumpkin pie in hopes of relaxing and enjoying it. Joli however, decided that this was a perfect time to start whining once again for her binky. Finally in an attempt to get her to shut up without having to say again "it's not bedtime", I grabbed a fingerful of Cool Whip and plopped it on her forehead. Joe almost fell out of his chair laughing and Joli just stared at me in disbelief.
Eventually she realized it actually tasted good and began licking it off, but the shock off it was so huge that I didn't hear anything else about binky until bedtime! If only there were more Cool Whip in the world!

1 comment:

Tonya Staab said...

ooh, that's the most gorgeous little hat she's wearing, where did you get it?