Friday, October 3, 2008

Hanging Out

Joli and I didn't really have any big plans for our stay, so since the girls were off at school, we decided to take a walk and try to find a park. I slightly remembered there being one not too far and eventually we made our way there. It was actually really nice. It wasn't too hot, we were the only ones there and the equipment wasn't so advanced that I worried about Joli falling off of it, except, of course, until she decided to try and climb up the curved bars that lead up to a second level. Bars that I've seen preschoolers shy away from, here's my not even 2-year-old saying "No help, I do it!" She also enjoyed the swings and the sand though, so it was not hard to distract her and make myself feel a little more at ease.
Of course she couldn't work the heavy sand scoop either, but after I showed her once I was once again told to "no help". Since we would be doing a bit of walking I thought it would be nice to bring Kota. He really enjoyed himself and I was relieved to see there were no rules prohibiting him from being in the park with us as long as he was on the leash. So while Joli played, Kota and I hung out under a tree. He's such a lover that as soon as I sat down he sprawled himself across my lap and laid his head down.
Once we were back to the house, Joli occupied herself with her new found hobby of taking out all the Disney VHS tapes and spreading them across the coffee table to check out the covers. We've also spent quite a bit of time working on putting them back!

1 comment:

Tonya Staab said...

Wow, you are always so busy and have so many fun things to share. I've just been flicking back through all of the posts I've missed. Joli is such a beautiful girl

I'm sorry Joe has gone.

I'm going to attempt to make it to some of the events you've put on the calendar. I have 2 sick kids at the moment though so hopefully they'll be feeling better next week.