Monday, October 6, 2008

Unhappy Birthday to Me

So this is how my birthday went...
Notice that the picture is sideways? Yep, that's because that's how the entire day went. Not to say that there weren't happy moments, like this wonderfully sweet little baby!
But notice that I couldn't fix the red, because that's how the day went. Mostly because of this other sweet little baby.
The energy level that you see in her in this picture is nowhere near the level at which she sustained THE ENTIRE DAY!!! It was like she woke up and said "Oh hey, it's mommy's birthday, but you know I'd really rather she didn't any ideas that she is ever going to be able enjoy a day for herself ever again". Before noon Joli had succeeded in getting two time outs and one smack on her butt (which is more trouble than she's been in in a week!). She was all about doing exactly the opposite of what Auntie Jess or I would ask her to do, and then trying to break anything that was Cole's. I'm sure it's a whole mixture of being in a new place, and there's a baby getting all the attention, and she's missing daddy, and she's upset that I'm sad because I miss him too, but come on kid, it's my freakin' birthday! On a happier note I did a few presents for my birthday. Jessica and Ryan took me out to a nice dinner that was absolutely delicious and would have been a prefect evening had my child not insisted on jumping up and down on the booth and body slamming me the entire meal. Once she went to bed Jessica gave me my presents. The first was this delicate little fairy. Isn't she precious.
Then there's this book that has all kinds of cool pop-ups that Joli and I will both enjoy.
And last but not least there's this wonderful new addition to my willow doll collection. It's two little girls that are like sisters and they represent Jess and I.
It was not an absolutely horrible day and I was so appriciative of all the things Jess did to try and make it special for me. I'm a little unsure why, since Joe has been gone for every birthday I have had since he left for boot camp on birthday exactly four years ago, but this birthday seemed to be a little harder than the others. I miss him, I want him here to sooth his child and also me. I want him to pull out his Joe magic and fix it like always. I guess I'll just have get some super glue.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

I'm so sorry your birthday wasn't very fun!!! I have totally given up on my birthday when Roy is gone. I never felt like celebrating without him.

But that Fairy is BEAUTIFUL and I love those Willow's!

Take Care girl!!!

danielle said...

Happy b-day, sorry it was a little frustrating :( It's so frustrating when b-days end up like that!

Tonya Staab said...

oh honey, I'm sorry your birthday wasn't absolutely fantastic. The fairy is gorgeous and I've been dying to get that fairy book for ages.

Miss Elena said...

im sorry to hear it wasn't all good :[

hopefully dinner tonight will be amazing

also i have another version of that fairy book in my room. Ill have to show it to you

Laume said...

What cute gifts. I have that little sculpture of the two girls but it fell and the hands came off. Sad.