Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Incredible Journey

We finally made it to the in-laws!! I woke up at butt-crack early (the technical term for 3:30am) and we drove the full fourteen hours it took to get here. I thought I looked rather sexy considering that Kota thought it was necessary to jump on me every time he got mud on his paws!
Joli didn't sleep the entire time, but she slept a good portion of the morning and then a little nap in the afternoon.
After out last stop Joli was wide awake so I figured it was a good time to break out the "you've never seen this before therefore you will be thoroughly entertained for hours" toys. First I gave her the Mrs. Potato Head that I bought her the other day to go with Mr. Potato Head. She played with that for awhile, but kept wanted me to help her which is not easy to do when you are trying to steer a car on a mountain road. So finally I got mad and took it and gave her the cool new Halloween Play-doh that I bought for her. Check out the black and white!
She mixes it together pretty good, but I still think it looks so cool!

Once we were finally here I didn't even bother bringing in her toys because her Grammi has so many cool things to play with. She really liked the football binaculars.
One of her favorite and most entertaining things was the foam puzzle pieces that she insisted on wearing on her head. I feel like I should give her a torch and a book and set her up in New York!
All these toys were excited but nothing compared to her most favorite and exciting thing. Giant Pooh!
She did let Papa hold him for her though so she could try and talk him into giving up some of his monkeys!
At the end of the night Joli was getting tired but kept telling Grammi that she wanted to watch what sounded like "mimi". It took us about ten minutes to figure out that she wanted to watch The Little Mermaid. So her is everyone trying to act like they're watching a great movie while we wait for Joli to sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you got there alright. the family looks good, i wish I was there with you guys, how did mom and pop, like kota???