Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cooking, Cooking, Cooking!

I told myself that I was going to remember to take plenty of pictures of Thanksgiving this year as I never seem to have pictures of my family. Well after six hours of cooking and setting up for dinner, I forgot, again. So irritating! I did manage to get a few pictures. Here is Kota on our front porch again. It was pouring rain all night and most of today, which basically made our backyard a big mud pit. I really didn't want to have the world's muddiest dog, so Kota got to spend the day on front porch. Which means that our guest had a running joke about an obstacle course to get through the first baby, past the dog, and over the second baby gate without getting jumped all over. Kota spent a lot of the day barking.
Here is my grandma showing off pictures of all my cousins new babies. Two of my cousins have babies a year or under, and one of my other cousin's wife is pregnant with twins! With eleven grandkids there's a baby boom every year or so.
Here is my sisters and my grandpa all relaxing. That's about a good a picture as I could get. I should have had everyone get together, but once again shoulda, coulda, woulda.
So that's it for pictures. Elena borrowed her photography teachers nice camera and got a few more pictures that will probably show up on a class project sometime soon, but that's it. We had a very nice dinner. I cooked a ton of food and we all ate way more than normal human beings should. I accidently cooked the turkey upside down but it ended up tasting so good that no one seemed to mind. Unfortunately we had way less stuffing than I meant to because a good portion fell out into the turkey grease. I bought Brianna a tofurky so she wouldn't feel left out, and she got to make it. Apparently it was nowhere close to the real thing. All in all, good Thanksgiving. We even got to see Joe on the webcam!! We love you Joe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you guys too

Anonymous said...

Hey your house looks good. Now you have to come up to Redding and paint my house :)