Sunday, November 23, 2008

This Means War!!!

I officially hate the flu!!! It is so evil!! How do people live thinking the flu is this totally normal thing that is okay and we should all just continue on with life as though nothing has happened?! It's rediculous and aweful! Yes there's a vaccine for a few of the thousands of strands of it, but if you have a child like mine who does not respond well the the vaccine you're completely screwed!!

Last year I thought it would be horrible to have my one-year-old get the flu so she had the flu shot. She then spent the next month completely miserable, wouldn't eat hardly anything, just laid on my couch and eventually ended up with low iron levels and I was having to give her iron drops which continued to make things worse. Fast forward a year and now I have a two-year-old who seems completely normal most of the time, except that she throws up about once a day and it's usually at night, and usually in my bed so as to cause the most damage and laundry as possible. This has been going on since Wednesday night. So it's only been a few days but if it's anything like the flu I had, it will probably continue for a little while longer.

So I'm at a complete loss. There's nothing I can do. I can get her vaccinated and spent the next month with an alien child who refuses to play with anything and only wants to lay on the couch all day, or I can cover my house in plastic wrap. Let's go ahead and put this on the list of reasons why having one child is quite enough for me!

Here is what my bedroom has commonly looked like between the hours of 1-5 am for the past four nights.

Here is what happens to Joli after she screams for ten minutes while I stick her in the shower to wash off all the vomit.
And here are the piles that continue to grow because once again I cannot use my dryer!


Joli is a totally sweet child, and when says things like "I love you, Mommy" or "You beautiful, Mommy" it totally melts my heart. And although I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world, if I would have sat down and wrote out a pro/con list about three years ago, the odds probably would not have gone in her favor. That's a great idea for teenagers. In that little joke of a sex-ed class that they have to do they should make you write out a pro/con list! You will have to include things like, "unless you have a husband that is always going to be around, pretty much count on pooping with an audience for the remainder of your life", or "I hope you like vomit", and don't forget to include "I hope you're not attached to your current friends, because they don't have children".

Don't get me wrong, I completely adore my daughter and now that I'm in it I love my life, but it I had had the benefits of a crystal ball I'm fairly certain I would have held off for a couple years. In any case, laundry here I come!!

No comments: