Monday, November 17, 2008

Hanging Out and Recovering

In my quest finish the office Joli was wonderful about playing with her new easel while I worked.
She didn't like the chalk side as much as she loved the dry erase side. Her new obsession is markers so the dry erase board is wonderful. Unfortunately it's only been three days and I can only find four of ten of the dry erase markers. Hopefully they'll turn up before I spend all our money on markers.
Because she was so amazing while I worked endlessly on the office, I got up Saturday morning and made us waffles. Joli loved it and I finally remembered to use my new mug! Isn't it cute!
Joli found a new pair of shoes that Laume got me, she loves them, wears them all the time.
Here's my little girl looking so sweet and actually smiling for the camera for once!
She was actually taking pictures with her little play camera of our wedding pictures. She said she was taking pictures of daddy. I think she might want a few more pictures of him (hint, hint daddy!).
After spending all day sunday laying on the couch fighting a horrible stomach flu, I finally got my act together this morning and went to run all our errands. My first stop was to get Kota dog food only to discover that the dog food place was closed. (Crap) Then we went to buy my new laptop. I knew exactly which one I wanted, walked in and look for a few minutes, pick out the one I wanted and in less than five minutes I was checking out. (Yay!) Then they told me that my card wasn't being authorized. (Crap!) So here I am an hour into errands, still haven't actually done anything, and driving to the bank to get them to let me use my card, all while realizing that the comment that I made about killing someone at the bank while leaving the store might be taken as a threat. I went in and stood in line for twenty minutes and tried to remain happy while I watched Joli run back and forth across the bank chasing another small child who also did not particularly enjoy standing in lines (Because as an adult I absolutely love it! Nope I want to be two! Can you get arrested for running in a bank?). So I explain what happened to the nice teller. She fixes it in two minutes and tells me to go buy my laptop. (Yay!!) So I went back, bought my laptop and headed off to the grocery store. (Yay! Yay!!) After Joli and I made it home, Joli took an extra long nap (Yay again!) and then we took Kota to the vet to get his bandage removed. (Finally) While we were at the vet I decided to take a few photos of Joli looking so cute and she tried to turn her back in protest. I then explained to her how much daddy misses her and he really wants me to take as many pictures as possible so he can see her. This is what I got.
Yep she loves her daddy! All in all it was pretty good weekend, minus the throwing up all night part. She was so completely adorable this morning. Although I'm not found of being woken up at 7:30 in the morning, I have to say that waking up to a tiny little kiss and hug followed by "I love you mommy" was pretty freakin' cute!

1 comment:

Laume said...

That photo of her in the pink dress, smiling at the camera, and the last one of her in the denim dress, both make her look SOoOOOO much older - not like a toddler at all, but like a little girl. Which, I suppose, she's past being a toddler. But I don't think of a two year old as a "pre-schooler" - what do you call a two year old? A "two year old"? I guess.