Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We Couldn't Find Nemo!!

As a special treat to Joli for being so good while I painted our house I decided to take her to Sea World. We've been discussing what we were going to see there for a few days. On the way there she was telling me that we were going to see whales, dolphins, sharks, turtles, Nemo, and Dory. When we first walked in the firs thing we saw was the Sesame Street Bay of Play. So of course we had to go ride the flying Elmos. After that we went over to the bounce area where Joli played for a few minutes and then remembered there were animals to see!
I tried to avoid seeing too many shows as Joli never makes it through them. So we mostly saw exhibits. Joli loved the otters and seemed impressed by the dolphins. We also saw mantarays that were in a pool where we could touch them. It was really cool! Joli kept saying "I can't reach that one". It was so cute! We went to watch the Shamu show, only because you can't see the killer whales any other way. We made it through about half the show when Joli's attention ran out, so we headed off to see what else we could find. We made it to the starfish pool and Joli thought that was really cool. At first I let her hold one but then we decided that maybe she should just touch them.
After we were done touching starfish, we decided to go look for Nemo. We found a ton of Dorys, but for some reason Sea World Decided to torcher all mothers and didn't have any. We went to three different aquariums and although there were a ton of cool fish in all of them, each trip inside resulted in me carrying Joli while she screamed "No! I want see Nemo!". So we had a big talk about how Nemo lives in the ocean with his dad, and I talked Joli into visiting "Chum" the shark. We happened to see a few more Dory fish while were looking at the sharks, which reminded her that we needed to find Nemo.
So we headed off to see what else we could see. We went to the penguin exhibit and that's when we hit a wall. Joli wanted to see the penguins but she was too short, so I tried to pick her up, which resulted in her screaming because she wanted down, and then screaming because she couldn't see the penguins. In the end I carried her out while she screamed about "No home". We did finally get to see a penguin on the way out.
Joli loved the penguin so much! She kept hugging her for a good minute or two. Eventually I told her to give her a kiss and then say good bye so other kids could hug her too.
I guess Disneyland is going to be wonderful for her after all!!

No comments: