Saturday, November 8, 2008

You Might Be a Redneck...

If you bring shooting earmuffs to a concert for your child!
Kacie got us free tickets to go see Carrie Underwood tonight and who can pass that up! So we took Joli and even though our seats were already pretty high up, we ended going all the way up to the top so we could have a whole empty row to ourselves and get away from the annoying people sitting behind us. We also moved more towards the center so we could actually see the tv screens. Joli seemed to have fun.
We danced together through most of the show, except when she was eating her frozen lemonade. Then she wanted me to hold her and dance even though she was all sticky.
Carrie was great and we made through most of the concert before we were all tired. It was a very nice end to a very rough day. This morning Kota discovered how to take his bandage off again and then reopened the wound. I finally decided that it wasn't going to be able to heal like this, and even though I knew they would charge me more than half of what we paid for him to begin with, I took him to the vet.
Just as I suspected he need stitches and about fifty other things that cost about $100 each!! In the end I ended up spending over $500 for them to put him under and stitch him up and then give him all kinds of medication; one for pain, one to keep it from getting infecting, and one to sedate him a little so he won't run around on it! So sad.
Not only did it cost most of the money I had left in the bank account, but right before they brought him out (after I waited for 45 minutes in the lobby with a child that I had to wake up from her nap to even be there!) they went over his care for the next 14 DAYS!!!!! He cannot go outside by himself because they don't want him running around on his stitches or getting his bandage wet, so I have to put a plastic bag over it and walk him outside to go the bathroom, which is pretty much awesome considering he won't pee while he's on the leash. I guess he'll have to get over that. As the nurse is telling me this she is also telling me that my SEVEN MONTH OLD PUPPY isn't allowed to run, jump or use stairs during the next TWO WEEKS! So would you like me to carry the 71 lbs. puppy (yeah they weighed him today!) up and down the stairs every time I take him outside!?!?!?! Her response "Oh, well I guess you can have him walk slowly on the leash". Hello lady! You try walking this dog on the leash and tell me how "slowly" you're able to do it!
Besides all of that, I now have to either put the cone on his head (which makes him run around like he's on crack and run into to things and basically start freaking out) or put him in his crate every time I leave. I also get to shove a cocktail of pills into part of a hot dog and try to convince him to eat it twice a day. We've already done one set and the smarty pants ate around the pills!
All I can say is I love you Joe! (Just wait til you get home!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you too and thank you for taking such good care of my dog. mom, you make one fucking comment about not getting a dog and i won't call you for a month. it was my decision to get the dog not lisa's so if you have issues talk to me not lisa.