Friday, November 21, 2008

The Tradition Continues!

There is a grand tradition in this family that has been going on since the very beginnining of mine and Joe's relationship. It is the tradition of giving gifts long before the time to actually give them. In the last four years I have recieved two sets of Christmas presents. One set in November because Joe tried to get a jump on buying his presents and then couldn't stand to wait a whole month to give them to me, and then another set on Christmas because he feels bad that he doesn't have any presents for me to open.

Joli's birthday seems to following in the same pattern. We are coming up on her second birthday and once again I bought her big present a few weeks ahead of time in order to save money for her party. Of course once again I was so excited to give it to her that I went ahead and put it together for her. Last year Joe and Chris spend HOURS putting together the slide on ballpit that is in her bedroom, but this year I went with a somewhat simpler gift.
It's the cutest little kitchen and she loves it! It's made of real wood so I don't have to worry about any of the lead problems and it came with a few accessories!
I put it together during naptime so when Joli came out from her nap she was pleasently surprised. She keeps saying "Mommy I cooking!"

We went to Wal-Mart to get some more paint and while we were waiting Joli and I were talking about how she was wearing Daddy's shirt from when he was a baby. Here she is showing it off.
She kept saying "Look Mommy, lion kitty". This was the best smile I could get though. She still feeling a little sick. Poor baby.

No comments: