Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hard Working Distraction

I have a goal to finish the backyard before Joe gets home and yesterday I started working on it. The kids were excited to spent so much time outside. I told Joli she had to wear something to protect her from the sun... I also made the amazing discovery that the trampoline can double as a play pen!!


Since it was such a warm day (85 degrees!), I brought stuff down for Joli to have an ice tea party.
Markus wanted to play in the sandbox, or have a snack...
As the day went on, Markus took a nap, and Joli got in the sprinkler.


Joli brought tons of stuff out to play with. She decided to dress up Daddy Bunny.
So this is what the hill looked like when I was about half done. Those big tall weeds were ALL OVER the hill.
This is what it looked like before I went to Home Depot and bought 40 of those giant concrete blocks to put in place of the railroad ties. I haven't replaced them yet because it was very exhausting loading 40 blocks onto a cart, pushing them to the car, loading them in the car, unloading them into a wheelbarrow, pushing them to the backyard, unloading them onto the ground. Especially after six hours working in the sun!
Oh! And I trimmed the grass around the bottom of the bricks by hand because the weed whacker broke two days after Joe left and I just had to take control of the situation. After all that was done, we had dinner on the front porch. The kids got a special frozen juice treat.
Markus wanted to eat it so badly but his fingers kept getting cold and he'd start screaming. But if I tried to hold it then he'd scream 'cause he thought I was taking it away.
The kids played on the porch for a little while afterward.
Joli pushed her bear in the swing.
This morning the kids were up at 7:30(again!), so there was lots of play time.


Eventually we made it to the farmer's market and headed straight to the craft booth. Apparently Joli is sad in this picture because Syrus was mad at her and Lilly was sad too. So funny!
Markus sucked on markers while he waited.
Then Chris, Kacie and Charlotte met us and we all got some lunch. Charlotte has decided that I am her favorite person when we're together, and wants me to hold her all the time. So as we were walking, I had Markus on my back, I was holding Charlotte, and kept checking to make sure Joli was still with me. I kind of felt like a kangaroo! Chris and Kacie kept trying to take Charlotte and she would just scream because she wanted me! Such a silly girl! Oh well, I love them all!
The kids were exhausted when we got back to the car. Markus had a piece of bread when I put him in his car seat and apparently he destroyed it. At one point I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that no only was Joli asleep, but Markus was asleep with a chunk of bread hanging out of his mouth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just had to congratulate you on your incredible yard work!!!wish you lived a little closer and I'd share some perennials with you!!!
I can't believe how huge Marcus has gotten, and just beautiful!!

Joli too, but of course...

Pam