Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Baby Bumps

Well along with getting the hang of sitting (and getting back down), my baby is also learning about pain. Daddy loves the fact that he can just set her down anywhere now. Unfortunately he and I are both learning how close and at what angle to set her at. Most of the day went really well until the late afternoon when I set her on the thick play mat I have for her out on the patio, and she figured out the one and only way she could fall to smack her head on the concrete. Once I got her calmed down from that, Joe took her inside to play on the floor. I came inside and Joe tried to kiss me, but Joli decided to fall over and hit her head on the wall. So we didn't put her down for awhile. I started to make dinner, Joe said he'd watch Joli. I went in to see what they were up to and Joli was sitting next to Joe. I tried to give him a kiss, and Joli went face first into the base board. I'm beginning to think we're not supposed to be kissing. I don't know if you can tell, but she ended up with a fat bump on the right side of her forward.
She was quite a trooper though and tried again. She had fun letting daddy take pictures of her. He kept saying "she's just so cute".

Eventually they got bored and layed down to watched television. It's amazing how much you miss the site of your family sitting together.

1 comment:

Laume said...

What is this - first you can't control your husband - now you let your child fall over and look like a Klingon! Pretty soon we'll have to award you a Worst Woman in the World Award. I'll give you mine. It's somewhere around here.....