Sunday, May 6, 2007

Circle of Death

Let me just begin by saying that I am a screamer. Anytime that I go to an amusement park or carnival, the highlight ends up being listening to me scream. It is safe to say that if you were to get on a ride with me, you will not be able to hear very well afterwards. So yesterday when I went to the carnival with my family, we had a great time. My mom sat with the baby while my sisters and I went on the rides. At first I was worried about getting sick. I don't go on rides that spin you until you puke, that's just not fun for me. I do however enjoy the one's that flip you upside down and all over. I express this joy by screaming. So eventually I became more and more brave and then my sister Elena decides that she wants to go on this ride that's called The Chicago Loop, which I will refer to as The Circle of Death. It basically consists of one giant cirlce with a roller coaster car attached to it, that has half the seats facing one way and half facing the other way. So we go get on the ride and we are sitting pretty close to the front, there are two teenage boys sitting in front of us. Now the ride starts. At first we are just rocking back and forth apparently trying to pick up speed. Then once we have momentum the ride goes around and around, which is pretty fun until we realized that the lap bar doesn't come all the way down and we were held in simply by the cage that surrounded us. So here we are holding onto our lives by the bar that goes in between our legs. At this point the people on the ground are laughing in hysterics because I have been in a constant scream for the past four loops. Then we come back to the top and we are stuck hanging upside down! This, of course, calls for even louder screaming. My sister is laughing so hard she's having a hard time screaming, and the boy in front of me is leaning forward claiming that he might die. So then the ride goes the other way, and again constant sreaming. We finally come to a stop and struggle to get out of the cage that had previously been out lifeline, and we hear the other boy say "I think my ears are actually broken". At this point my sister and I completely crumble into a massive fit of laughter. The rest of the carnival was just as exciting. We went on the bumper cars and I bruised my tail-bone, but it was totally worth it.

The we went on a ride called Windsurf, that consists of a long bar of seat that flip upside down. Again, lots of screaming. Except for my youngest sister Brianna, who never sreams but always takes great joy in hearing us do it.

Then my dad got us all giant candy-shaped blow-up toys. First I rode mine like a horse and an older man walking by looked as though he was going to pass out. Then we beat the crap out each other with them.

All and all it was a jolly good time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What Carnivl was this at?