Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Racing

It seems that most of my life in the past few months has been a series of races from one place to the next, but this past Sunday I actually got to watch other people race! Joe took Joli and I up to L.A. to watch the races, and it was awesome!!! He went last year but I was three months pregnant and throwing up anything that I imagined putting in my mouth, so a day in the hot sun did not sound fun. But this year we got to go. Joli loved the experience. There were so many sights and sounds, and everything was just so exciting. I had a blast because most of the people in my family are race car drivers of one form or another. Joe's friends were amazed at that fact that although we had left at 7:30 in the morning, our child did not nap all day. She wasn't cranky in any way, she just didn't want to miss anything. This all changed at about 7:00 p.m. when we were driving home when instead of passing out like we had originally expected, she screamed for 45 minutes. We finally got home and Joli and I took a shower, she had a little snack and then slept from 9:30 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. I spent most of the night checking her pulse! We all had a great time!!


The next day we spent the whole day driving Joe around to the Doctor's and then to work and then home again, which would have been annoying except he was leaving in the morning. We spent the whole day with him and then got up Tuesday morning at 3:30 and took him to work. It's funny, I spent most of the week being annoyed at his mess, but as soon as we got up I didn't care anymore. I missed him at 4:32 when we were driving home. I'm not cry my eyes out sad, I just feel like something is missing. Fortunately the tiny fairy that is screaming in my ear does not give me much time to sit and be sad.


Now we are cleaning the house and getting ready to go visit my MIL. We are both very excited (well Joli just doesn't realize it yet). We are going to have a great time playing at Grammi's house!! Ooops hysterics are kicking in, back to the real world.

2 comments:

Laume said...

Ahhh, she looks so cute in those polka dots. Polka dots are her thing. Maybe that bodes well for when she has chicken pox some day.

I misunderstood, I thought you said she slept on the way home but screamed when you arrived.

It's odd how they bug us when they're home but we miss them when they're gone. Maybe there's something to what they say about us women, there's no pleasing us.

Kristen said...

my dad drove stock cars when i was little, so i used to go from the time i was a wee bug. spent LOTS of time in the pits at the Ontario Speedway (nope, not there anymore - neither is the one in riverside). i remember learning how to get split times of cars.

have a wonderful time at laume's.

i'm home today w/my sick girlie (she's 7 1/2 now) - the stomach flu is just no fun...

are you driving up? or flying?