Thursday, January 22, 2009

Animals in the Rain

Kacie and I decided that we would like to go to the zoo today regardless of the fact that is was supposed to rain. So we all got up and after Joli and I picked Kacie up, we headed to the zoo. And guess what? It rained. Not a lot a rain, just a bit of showers, and then eventually sunshine. In fact by the time we left Kacie was in a t-shirt and I in a tank top. This may have had something to do with the giant hills we kept ending up walking up, but it was still warm out.

One of the coolest things we got to see today were the tiger cubs. Of every time I have been to the zoo I have only actually seen a tiger once. Today we saw four! Here are the two cubs having and nap, and then mom and dad were up on the rock watching. It was very exciting.
After the hippo exhibit there was a statue that a few boys about school age were climbing on. Of course to Joli that meant "go for it!". So she did.
She also was trying to climb the tree just like the boys. I convinced her to try it on a little tree.
As we walked up one of the hills we came across two peacocks. Joli thought she would try to pet them, but they disagreed and flew up on top of the wall.
One of my favorite things at the zoo is the meerkats. They just have so much personality!!
Joli also thought they were entertaining!
Giraffe's are just so pretty, I couldn't help but take pictures of them.
It was a nice trip dispite the rain. We had a lovely afternoon and hung out at Kacie's until a certain child decided that napping might give her a better attitude.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Look like you had fun. I can't wait for winter to be done with here so I can take my girls to the zoo.

Tonya Staab said...

I love the zoo. So much fun. We'll have to get together soon, I haven't seen you in ages.