Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fashion is Hereditary

I've been enjoying trying out all the new clothing Joli now fits into or has aquired through the recent holidays. This adorable outfit was handed down to us and I just love how it makes Joli look like Little Miss Thing with her Jamba Juice walking down the sidewalk all by herself.
On Sunday my mom, Brianna, Joli and I went out to Summer's Past to relax and see the assortment of tea items they had on sale. We just love it out there. It's so relaxing with it's wide open space and gardens. I just love sitting on the deck drinking mango iced tea while Joli chases a rooster, pets a bunny, or digs in the sandbox.
After we left Summer's Past, we continued on to the outlet mall. It's a lovely little mall with lots of streams and fountains and statues. This one especially appealed to Joli.
We considered ourselves very lucky that there were no attempts at swimming in the pond!
Since my mom and sister went home, Joli and I have been putting all efforts towards doing as little as possible. We didn't do such a great job at it as we have spent almost every afternoon running errands and then heading to someone's house for dinner after nap, but hey I didn't have to cook! Today I FINALLY recovered from my night out with the girls and managed to get up before 11:00am! So Joli and I took advantage of the extra time to lounge around before swim lessons. Joli hasn't been very big into clothes lately, but she does think my shoes are beautiful.
This evening we had no place to be so we just hung out and I finally got to watch the inaugural celebration that I taped on Monday. It was really fun to listen to all the different entertainers and to hear all the wonderful speeches. I was especially excited about Garth Brooks' performance! Everyone was so good, but I've been singing his songs for as long as I can remember. Joli danced around the living room in her different dress up clothes. She would put on different outfits and then come out and say "I beautiful? Take a picture. Now let me see.". She's getting too smart!
This is a picture of what goes on when I let Kota in. It's too hard for Joli to be able to play with some of her toys or in her room without Kota always being up in her face, so I set up the gate so she can climb under but Kota can't follow her. It gives her a little space and keeps Kota out of the bedroom where there are a bunch of fun toys that he thinks are perfect for a dog!
Here is the second outfit that I helped Joli in to. Kota thought he should somehow be involved.
Now this is a little girl with a sense of style. I think only my daughter could where longjohns under a t-shirt with sweatpants, and then put on a purple shiny halter dress under a white tutu! Joli really know how to do. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to taking her out like this?
Here is one of the times when Joli went into her room and since Kota feels the need to be with her or I at all times, he chose instead to watch and wait patiently on the other side of the gate for her to come out.
Once I moved closer to him, Kota was thrilled!
Joli desperately wants to love on Kota when he's not licking her face off, she's just been knocked over so many times I think she's a little nervous. I suspect that as she gets older and bigger than him it will be easier.
I think they may have been practicing their yoga. Not too sure what they were up to.
Looking forward to another couple slow relaxing days!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

that sounds like you had fun. I love the cute outfits she came up with, and your dog!

Tonya Staab said...

I still haven't been to summer's past. I'm dying to go though. Which outlet mall was that? The one out east? I don't know why it doesn't look familiar with the waterfall.