Friday, January 16, 2009

We Have Food!!!

Today was a very exciting day for Joli and I. We have not gone grocery shopping since before Thankgiving. Sure there have been the occasional trips to Henry's for milk or eggs, but no big trip that would fill our fridge with food. Since we've been back from vacation there has been even less traces of food as we spent most of our money getting home! So today was payday and we did the unthinkable and went to the commisary! It is common knowledge that you do NOT go to the commisary on payday, but feeling brave and hungry, we went anyway. As expected, it was overly crowded and the checkout line could have given Disneyland a run for its money. In the end I spent a TON of money and almost everything was edible, but we are basically set until the end of February!

Tonight we had whole wheat spaghetti with fresh sauce and fresh vegetables mixed in, topped with fresh turkey meatballs AND freshly grated parmesan cheese! I had a salad of mixed baby greens, kalamata olives, sliced radishes, and feta cheese drizzled with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. It was soooo good!! Joli had broccoli pieces, and we both had fresh garlic bread! Joli loved it and so did I!!!
For some reason "say cheese" also translates to "close your eyes".
After I got the kitchen all cleaned up I began working on finally getting all the baby toys packed. Part of the procees apparently involves dress-up. Joli had me help her put on all her faerie stuff. I thought this picture was so cute of her peeking through the wing.
This is Joli chasing me so I won't take pictures of her. Still got cute ones though!
Once back in her bedroom I told her to show me her dress, this is what I got.
This is the headband that came with the outfit. Isn't it so cute! I bought the whole thing at JoAnn Fabrics last month at 75% off! I figured even if she doesn't wear it to the Faerie festival it will still be way fun for dress-up!
This is one of the things I was working on. I put up a bunch of little hooks for Joli to be able to hang her hats for dress-up. She had way more than I thought!
I also finally got Joli's felt board put up that she got for Christmas from Grammi.
Here's one more shot of my little domestic faerie. I believe after I took the shot she said "And now it's cooking!".
Now we're looking forward to a wonderful weekend! Kacie's coming home tomorrow!!! My mom and sister are also coming to visit and we've already got plans with friends! It should be lots of fun!

No comments: