Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Home!!

We're home and loving being back in our house. I've spent the past few days putting everything away, and getting rid of stuff to make room for the old stuff, and then taking down the Christmas decorations. Joli has been loving having her space back and all the new toys. One of new things to play with is all the dress up stuff she has gotten in the past month. Yesterday it was all about being a faerie, except with pajama's.
I thought it was so cute, she kept saying "I'm a faerie, I'm flying". Part of her dress up routine is coming out in whatever outfit she happens to be wearing and saying "It's cute?", then I say "Yes it is" and then she responds "Yes, I like it".
Tonight Joli got out her medical kit and decided that Kota was sick and she must take care of him. Kota didn't think this was such a great idea but he was mostly a good sport about it.
I also decided that since I was taking things out anyway I would try to take pictures of some of the things we got as presents that I haven't already put up. I got this wonderful candle from Cousin Cassidy's girlfriend, Sylvia.
My cousin Ashley bought me this beautiful serving platter and serving spoons. The platter is so cute with it's little acorn in the middle!
Cousin Paige bought Joli this fake fishtank. It's so cool it actually looks like a fish tank and since it lights up we've been using it as a nightlight, I didn't want to put it up in her room because it's not really a kids toy but Joli loves to sit on the couch and watch it.
So for some reason a bunch of these pictures were turned sideways, so everyone turn your computer screen. Here is a couple books that Grammi bought Joli. They are in the papasan chair because that is Joli's new favorite reading spot!
Another sideways picture, but here is the overflowing box of dress up stuff. Joli's got so much new stuff I can't get it to fit in the box!
Here is the the wall that has been built from all the cardboard blocks Joli got for Christmas. It has been fun stacking and knocking them down.
Here is the basket of several hundred pieces of food that my mom bought Joli for her birthday.
This is one of the totally cool things I got for Christmas. It is a thread holder that I can hang up so I can see all my threads and then a ton of totally cool fabrics! I can't wait to make something!
Well that is all until something Joli does something cute, amazing, and/or crazy again!

3 comments:

Laume said...

Cute photos - but why is Joli a sad fairy?

Miss Elena said...

I actually bought a couple things at the store for her too since I didn't get her a birthday present. Some serving utensils for her kitchen and a complete set of pooh crayons. I completely forgot about them until I found them under the seat of the car, but I'll have mom bring them with her next weekend.

Alisha said...

haha, I love your blog! I found it from my friend Tonya's blog. If you don't mind, I am going to follow it.