Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Newest Project

Once again I forgot to take before pictures, but use you imagination, and think of how it was all white before. I did however remember to take one during picture!
This is our bedroom after I finished all the painting! These walls are actually a cream color. I didn't want to just leave them white. I wanted to make it look like I finished the room and it also warms it up a little. If you look at the window sills you can see the slight difference in color. I'm also planning on getting some red valances for the windows and I think that will really complete the look.
Here is another corner of the room where I did the red color. It's the same color red I used in the living and I just love the way it looks with the black frames on it! I also moved my dresser (it used to be in the opposite corner), and I got that awesome mirror on sale!
This is the corner that my dresser used to be in. It actually seems really bright now, but that's only because it's the first time in a long while that the upper-left cabinet that holds the t.v. has been closed!
Now this is my "wow' factor. I decided to paint that one small wall black! I was so excited because it's just not something that people do, and even the guy at Home Depot looked at me like "Are you sure?". But I just love it! It's such a small portion of wall that it doesn't overwhelm the room. I also found those cute little white frames today, and I plan I putting some black and white photos in them, but pulling out the red elements in the photos! I can't wait! The black cube shelves were there before I painted the wall so now it gives a kind of floating effect! I'm so excited to be done with our bedroom!
Now all I have left are the two hallways and the laundry room, and the only white walls remaining in our house will be in the garage, which I'm told is strickly off-limits!

3 comments:

Laume said...

It looks really lovely! You're right, the black is such a small wall that it's fantastic. I think, looking at the room through the overview of a photo, that if you put valances above the windows, it might look good to use some sort of pattern. You have a lot of solids in that room and it will look more sophisticated or finished or whatever the word is I'm looking for (it's late - yawn) if you add some pattern. I know that there are polkadots on the curtains but they still work as a "solid". Maybe a stripe or floral with all three colors in the room?

Alisha said...

I really love the white, red and black combo. Good for you for being daring.

Danielle said...

It looks really good. I too like the black wal1. I can't wait till we own our house so I can paint!