Sunday, January 11, 2009

Little Kickers!!

I'm so proud to show off our little girl playing soccer!!! The Moms and Tots group I'm a part of had an event for all the toddlers to come out and kick the balls around together and just start learning the basics. It wasn't like an organized sport type thing it was more "come and play", so it was a ton of fun! Oh and did I mention she was only one of two girls there!! That's my girl!! Here is Joli after scoring her first goal!
It took a while for Joli to check out her surroundings and figure out who everyone was and what we were really doing.
Once she realized we were just there to kick the ball around and have she got into it.
Most of the kids are Joli age or younger so a lot of the time was spent with parents following their kids around saying "use your feet, not your hands". Joli decided she had a better option.
One of the big things to play with was the cones. All the kids were about stacking, and unstacking, and knocking them down, and then stacking again.
This little boy is three-year-old and decided he was the leader, so all the kids watched him line up the cones and then kick the ball into them.
Once we got away from the cones for a few minutes Joli had fun kicking the ball back and forth with me. I was really impressed that she would kick in to me, wait for me to kick it back, and then kick it back to me again!
After the little boy went to the playground, Joli decided to try his game, except she just took a few cones off by herself. In this picture she's actually kicking the cones!
After awhile I came to realize that keeping your hands off the balls is a really difficult thing when you're young, so I taught Joli about throw-ins. She did great from the first time!
Joli's attention span with soccer lasted about forty-five minutes which was very impressive, so I told her we could go over to the playground. Here she comes!
It's been awhile since she's been on a swing I think. She was giddy with laughter.
This climber was a big challange for her so she used the determination she's inherited from generations before her and insisted on using it everytime.
Of course the best part is always the slide! I'm so excited she's old enough that I don't have to go down with her and get shocked over and over!!
Such wonderful day!! I can't wait until next week!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats probably the cutest she has ever looked. thats awesome. Get her in some football pads, and she can take on daddy when he gets back.

Alisha said...

those are adorable pictures. I am with you on that slide. Not only to you get shocked, by depending on the slide, my overly large butt gets stuck. haha. (I hope you don't mind, but I am putting you on my favorite blog list.

Miss Elena said...

I agree with Sam. She's definitely taking after the familes she came from haha. Also you're getting really good at photography. You should join my AP class :P