Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sunshine Cures All!

After we completed our retail therapy, I decided that I needed a tan to really get feeling good about myself. So Joli and I spent the afternoon at the beach and it was wonderful!
I apologize now as I took a TON of pictures and this was the best I could narrow them down. Joli just looks so cute on the beach!

Here she is eating her lunch that I packed for us.
It was very sunny and a nice eighty degrees out, so I convinced Joli to relax under her blankie with me for a bit.
Then she wanetd me to take more pictures of her. It was rediculous trying to convince her to let me scrub all that sand off once we got home!
When Joli seemed to be getting bored with just sand, I went down to the water and filled her bucket for her. It's amazing what adding water can do for you! It's not that she's afraid to go in the water or anything, she just doesn't like to go by herself and I don't blame her. The water wasn't too cold but cold enough!
It actually felt pretty good up on our little hill. We were positioned just right so the wind was blocked some which made for a nice warm outing.
In one of Joli's Little Bear books it talks about Father Bear bringing home Sea Shells from while he was gone on his trip, so today when I found some close to the water Joli was thrilled. Here she is washing them.
Then she got the brilliant idea to get the bucket. I guess it was a little shocking.
But not enough to warrant getting out.
This was about as close as she got to the water the whole time we were there. It was very cute.
Once I finally got Joli to believe that wearing glasses would help her see better she was very excited to wear hers.
After almost three hours I noticed Joli coming close to falling asleep in the sand with her apple. This was about the time I thought we should probably go home and take a bath!
It was a nice afternoon and I actually got a little color!!

No comments: