Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Cleaning and Relaxing Day

Today I finally finished going through Joli's closet and taking out the things that were too small and putting in the new things and then finally taking the clothes that were either too big or too small downstairs. Part of the process was forcing her into some outfits that I wasn't sure if they fit or not. This one we have been working on since she was about two months old. She just about fits in it now.
It kind reminded of some type of Tarzan outfit. Her hair also looks crazy because it was in a pony tail yesterday and apparently it stuck that way.
One of the things I found downstairs was this tutu, so I brought it up to put in the play box. Joli went back and forth between this tutu and her white tutu that Kacie bought her. The only problem was that it kept flipping up and we couldn't get it to stay down.
This is the outfit Joli finally ended up in. I thought it was just soooo cute! I love it! I think the shirt is actually a baby dress but it's so incredibly adorable. In this picture she is showing me a "picture of daddy" on her laptop. We get to talk to Joe every once in a while on the webcam, so here she is pretending that that's what she's doing.
It was such a beautiful day in the low 80's, we decided to have lunch on the front porch. I would really like to get and outside table and chairs but this will do for now. Joli and I certainly enjoyed the lovely weather and the food.
The only problem with eating out on the porch was that I spent the whole time thinking how dirty my car was! So instead of spending that rest of the afternoon watching movies on my laptop outside like I had planned, I washed the car. It looks so pretty though!
I kind of went into a cleaning frenzy after I finished the car and I swept and mopped the whole house and then cleaned the bathroom. Not too long after dinner Kacie called to say they had landing and we headed off to pick her and her mom up. It was so exciting to have Kacie home! We ended up hanging out for a little while and looking and all the cool new baby stuff she got. Once we got home I pulled out one of the pj's that finally fit Joli. I love these!
Solid black pj's! They are so awesome, I want some! Joe's mom actually found them at a thrift store, it's so crazy. When Joli was running I kept telling her she looked like and acrobat!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Hey, I've been doing the same thing. One of the things I hate doing is going through clothes. I have gone though my daughters clothes this past week, and I am not sure which bin is fuller ... the clothes that are too small, or too big.