Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Great First Day

I spent most of my day pleasently chatting with my hubby. It was wonderful to just "hang" out with him. Joli ran around and played with Grammi and Papa. I finally got her in the shower and thought the little curls that occured afterward were so stinkin' cute!
Unfortunately my little tactic of having Joli lay down and watch a movie didn't work this time and she completely skipped a nap, so she was still running around after Grammi at 6:00. The kitties were also wishing she would just sleep already.
I decided to try and distract her and remembered that she got play-doh from santa, so we got it out. Notice how puffy her eye is today!
Eventually all children will be taken over by sleep, and Joli began the decent right in the middle of her dinner.
Bread always makes me sleepy!
She did this hilarious little head-bob thing for about ten minutes and we were so evil, we just watched.
Eventually I decided to be nice and cuddled her in my lap so she would give it up. She still wouldn't give up the bread though.
You see kids, this is what happens when you don't listen to your mother!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Joli's curls are soooo cute!! I love the pics of her falling asleep while she is eating. Those pics will bring smiles to everyone faces for years to come. Looks like you are having a great time!! So glad that you got to visit with Joe for so long. I know it wasn't easy to talk to him up here without much service. Take care,
Lori