Thursday, January 29, 2009

I've Had It!!!

Today was one of those days where I could have taken a large portion of Belgium's chocolate supply and laid in bed watching reruns of Gilmore Girls all day, and it probably would have been a much better day. Of course I should have known it would be that kind of day when the sun hadn't even come up and I was already wishing that I could sleep another twelve hours. But since I have a child and a dog that need to eat, and in the child's case, get her diaper changed, I decided to get up (at the crack of noon) and go do some retail therapy with the girls.

My intent was to get some wine glasses as I have broken two in the past week and they have become an important part of the dinners with the girls. I also wanted to be somewhat irresponsible and buy things that I wanted but did not necessarily need. First we went to Target. I ended up with two tank tops in colors that I'd actually been looking for and on sale, a toddler cup for Joli that I'd also been looking for, baby shampoo and bubble bath for Joli, and the big money item, toilet paper. I need to practice my rebeling. Next we went to World Market to look for wine glasses. I found exactly what I was looking for. Stemless wine glasses in four different beautiful colors and on sale for $1.50 each. I decided I would not let the retail world defeat me and I frivolously bought eight (even though there have been a few dinners in past few months in which I would need that many). Then just to show how much I could "let loose", I bought a bottle of wine and some heart shaped pasta to go with the glasses. Boy am I a wild one! (Said in the most sarcastic tone!)

After the "huge shopping trip" we headed over to the farmers market to look for potatoes, which they did not have, and then Joli decided she just couldn't wait any longer.

Joe called to talk to her earlier today and she was so happy! She talked about him most of the day and insisted that we bring her daddy doll with us everywhere. I think that picture expresses just how much Joli loves her daddy.

After Joli's little rest time Kacie came over for dinner and we hung out until we here all tired (at 8:00pm). Then Kacie went home and I let Joli test out her new bubble bath. She had a great time until she was getting out and even though I was holding her hand, she still managed to slip and whack her head on the cabinet.
I let Kota in after Kacie left as he had been outside most of the day. Here I was thinking he was being so good while I gave Joli her bath until I came out and discovered this!

I wouldn't have been so upset if I hadn't bought this for Joli as her souvenir from the Faerie Festival! I didn't yell or hit him though, I just opened to back door and kept his head low as he walked out. I decided then that it was time to take a shower and get in bed myself. Although I seriously considered making Kota stay outside all night, in the end I decided that he would either figure out how to get out of the yard causing me a bunch of trouble, or whine and cry all night also causing me a bunch of trouble.

So we're all tucked in and most everyone is sleeping, and now I finally get to lay in bed and watch Gilmore Girls with a bar of chocolate!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

It sounds like you had a good day. Retail therapy solves a lot.