Friday, August 7, 2009

Fitting Everyone In

While we're here in Oregon, we try to make sure that we see everyone but it just doesn't always happen. Today we went over Aunt Peg and Uncle Doug's to see their new house and spend some time with them again. Joli loved the train that grandpa built for them.
She also loved the landing. Especially looking down at us and sometimes throwing things over the side!
Aunt Peg also has a rocking horse like Aunt Karen. Joli doesn't get to ride on it much because it's so tall, but today I let her have a turn.
Joli just loved going upstairs to play with the toys but also wanted to be with us, so it was a lot of back and forth.
My dad and Uncle Doug were real good friends in high and they always have a great time when they get together.
Aunt Karen and Paige met us over there and it was nice to relax with everyone.
Uncle Doug said the view from their house wasn't very good today but I would definitely have to disagree.
Joli has finally moved passed most of her shyness when it comes to women and just loves to have my Aunt's hold her and hug her.
This reminds me of a picture that I have of Aunt Peg and Joli when she was just a baby and Aunt Peg was so excited because Joli had been being picky and wouldn't let anyone hold her but me. Now she's happy to be held.
After we left and Joli got a nap we headed back up to Grandma Betty's. My dad and Lori came with us and they brought dinner and Grandma had apple pie. It was so delicious I don't think I'm going to be hungry for awhile! Joli has also gotten over not wanting Papa Paul to hold her.
Of course anyone came hold her if they'll read her a story!
Tomorrow is another day of driving but then we get to see Jess and her family!!

No comments: