Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grandma Betty's

We were so excited to go up and see my Grandma Betty today. Brody didn't know what was coming but he was thrilled to find another dog just a couple years old that loved to play as well!
Joli did her best to show off the new shirt that Grandma Lori bought her. I think it's absolutely adorable.
She did, however, have a fabulous time playing in Grandma's toy box.
Last winter I couldn't get her to sit still and swing with me on the front porch swing, but this time she just loved relaxing and swinging with me.
We took a little walk along the creek on our way out into the field. Joli kept telling me she wanted to get in the water but it was only 59 degrees outside! What a change from the 110 degree weather from last week!
So we continued on our way without getting in the creek. The dogs thought our walk was a great idea.
Once we got out to where the cows where, they all wandered over to see if we had any food. I think they were a little disappointed that we just wanted to see them.
Joli couldn't believe they were so close. She's been watching them from the freeway for weeks now.
Brody did NOT like the cows. At first he growled when the started to come over but I yelled at him because Joli wanted to see them. So then he cuddled up next to my leg and eventually squeezed in between them to hide.
Joli tried to feed the cows some grass from the ground and only one even came up so she could touch it, but they still didn't want to eat the wet grass.
The dogs waited very patiently while Joli checked out the cows.
Once back at the house, Joli wanted to check out the porch swing some more.
This picture was taken right as I was telling her that I used to love swinging on this same porch swing when I was a little girl like her.
All the excitement is exhausting to such a little girl, and Joli was more than happy when cousin Joshua wanted to watch Tom and Jerry with her.
After hours of wrestling and running, the dogs too decided they should relax on the porch.
On our way back to Aunt Karen's, Joli and I stopped to see my great-grandma, who just celebrated her 95th birthday! I should have gotten a picture of her but all I got is one of Joli playing her piano. We'll plan to stop and see her tomorrow!
Now off to rest for another lovely day.

2 comments:

kacie said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe the temperature
change!!! I want a porch and a swing!!!

Anonymous said...

nice babe, i like the pics of joli with the cow's. i knew she would like that.