Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another Perfect Beach Day!

This morning it was beautiful out and the kids really wanted to go to the beach, of course who were we to say no!? Jess and I got all the stuff ready and the kids had a brief moment of playing together.
I had to go out and get the sand toys out of the sand box, so Joli and Markus came with me.Then I had to load everything into the wagon and into the car. The kids played on the porch.
We made a stop at Target to get a few things and I finally found Markus some sunglasses!! (After about six months of looking!)
Then we made it to the beach!! Joli left her mark.
We couldn't find a hat to fit Braden's head, so he hid under the umbrella.
We had a little lunch on the blanket and Markus was thrilled! Joli and Cole ate their entire sandwiches too!
Okay this is my little muscle man! He always does this flexing his muscles thing when he's excited or angry.
Joli was thrilled to be back at the beach.

I put on my brave face and my bikini today! I didn't look too bad.

This was the first time taking Markus to the beach since he's been old enough to discover sand. He loved it!

We had such a good time.

Markus ended up getting smacked by a little wave and then didn't trust me to set him down in the water anymore.
Cole was thrilled to be out in the water.

Braden was not too sure. He got his feet in a couple times and immediately pulled them back in!

Such a mama's boy. Love him!!


Before too long the kids were getting cold and we took them back up to the blanket to wrap up in some towels. Markus played in the sand while we packed up.


Joli snuggled up and hitched ride back to the car.
For dinner we had spaghetti and meatballs and all the kids chowed down! Braden had a great time watching us.

Markus pretty much loves spaghetti.
What a spectacular day!

1 comment:

Laume said...

Y'know, that muscle man thing Markus does with his arms, made me remember the whole arm/shake thing William did for his whole childhood. I don't know if you remember it, he was growing out of it mostly by the time you met him? Remind me to show you it some day. Maybe it's similar. Joe would remember.