Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Date With My Little Man

So I try to make an effort to give the kids some special focused attention when Joe's gone, just to kind of check in with them and see how things are going. We usually do something special together. This morning Markus and I dropped Joli off and then went to the store to grab a few things before our Mommy/Son date. He was pretty pumped up, and made sure to have me take a picture for daddy, of his fist bumping.
 Once we were done with our shopping we got some Jamba Juice (which is something he talks about at least once a day). He was THRILLED! Plus they have new color changing straws!
 We also got a panini to sneak into the movie theater!
 Our big date was to see Iron Man 3!! We were both super excited! We've seen all the Marvel movies, and Markus loves them!
 The movie was AWESOME and Markus sat in my lap or stood in our row through the whole two and a half hour movie! There was one intense moment when I was squeezing him a little tight, but he was tense too, so it was good.
 Afterwards he was wiped, so we sat in the driveway and I read my new book while he did this...
 The last few evenings Joli and I have been watching Gilmore Girls and she's constantly wanting to know if we can watch the "Mommy/daughter show". It's fun to watch shows with her!

 Markus was super excited that I bought glue sticks for Joli's homework, he wanted to use them ALL! I can never get him to sit still and do a project, so of course I gave him anything he wanted to glue!


 Then he took all the lids off and lined them up like soldiers :)
Then I got to talk on the phone and Facetime with Joe tonight! Such a good day!!

No comments: