Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Playground, Paper, Scissors, and Daddy Books

Markus woke up on the extremely grouchy side of the bed today. It was the second day in a row that he was mad at me for, um, breathing, standing, walking into any given room, walking out of any given room....... It is exasperating being his mother some days. In any case, after a full on, fist pounding, ear piercing, life altering tantrum in front of Joli's school, I decided to take Markus to the park and spend a little time together. 



 When Markus got to the bottom of slide and saw a little puddle with some wood chips in it, he said "There's worm poop!"...

 It took him a little bit to build up the courage to go down this slide...
 But he did it!
 When we came home I figured we needed some more time together, so we got out the kiwi crate and made some paper!





 Once we finished the paper we decided to go through the box and see what else was in it. There was something to color.
 Which he apparently didn't want to do...
 Then I found the scissors!!!! He was so happy. And quiet. So quiet. I read my book :)

 After we picked up Joli from school, I gave the kids their photo books from Daddy. Joli knew immediately what it was, and was so excited!




 Markus didn't get it until he opened it, then he was very happy!

 "It's Daddy in my Batman cape!"
 "Look, I flying with my puppy!"
 "My binky!"

 "There's Daddy, and me crying, and you Mommy!"
It was a nice day with my kiddos.

No comments: