Saturday, May 4, 2013

Kisses

This morning we took Joe in to do some work, and while we waited, I took the kids to the park. Markus thought it was so cool to practice flying!

 The kids were in a super good mood, and they actually played TOGETHER!


 "No more diapers, no more binkies, and I'm on a big boy swing!"
 Markus tried to push Joli on the swing, he got knocked over a few times.
 Markus is such a little monkey!




 Joli is too!




 After awhile the kids got bored, so we played in the sand.


 Joli was so sweet. She wrote all of our names in the sand with a heart, and then the word "family".




 Most kids make snow angels, ours make sand angels :)

 Then Joe called and we went to pick him up and have breakfast. Then we all hung out and waited until it was time for him to go.
 This would have been the cutest picture if Markus hadn't dive bombed.
 We could have gone home, but it was nice to spend a little more time with Joe.


 The tickle monster strikes again!

 It's always fun to have a horsey ride!

 Pretty soon it was time to say goodbye :(

 Joli was a complete and utter mess. Sobbed for quite awhile afterward. She was very hard to distract.
 Markus didn't quite understand what was happening until Joe actually got on the plane. Then he was insistent that daddy come back, and kept saying "I miss my daddy, I miss my daddy". It was very sad.

 We had planned on watching the plane take off, but it was taking forever and Joli wouldn't stop crying, so we went home and had some lunch and a nap (since we were up before six and very tired and emotional). I talked to Joli earlier about not spending all our time being sad, or we will miss out on the good things while Joe is gone. But tonight we are going to let ourselves be sad. I'm making my favorite comfort food (lasagna for all of us, and wine for me), and the kids and I are going to cuddle on the couch and watch some movies. Tomorrow will be a new day!

No comments: