Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Rocky Road

The last few days have been rough with Markus being sick. I had hoped that once we all had a good night's sleep we would feel better. I got up and made waffles, despite Markus' whiny communication. After I cleaned up breakfast, we got out the Kiwi Crates to do the crafts we'd been putting off. The first one was a lot of fun. It was a bird costume! They were both pretty excited!








 Once we were done with the masks, it was time to make the wings.


 They had such a great time being birds.




 While they flew around the house, I got the costume stuff cleaned up and another craft ready. This one was making and nest and eggs.






 After the eggs were all finished and set with the nests to dry, Markus and I had quite a showdown, in which we all ended up crying. It was quite exhausting. Luckily, I have another child who is sweet and loving most of the time (probably to because she has to balance out her brother!).
 Markus finally stopped screaming, throwing things, and trying to kick me. Then sat on the couch and read a book to recover.

 In spite of the fact that any energy I had gained from my cup of coffee had been drained in my battle with Markus, I persisted in trying to make it a nice, quality day with my kids. I was able to quickly put together a tea party lunch, which they both absolutely love.





 I find it uplifting to buy myself flowers every once in awhile, and since I was at Trader Joe's a few days ago and they have great prices, I bought myself some.
 In soon became evident that we were cutting into Markus' nap time.
 So we had a little desert with our tea before cleaning up.
 Markus found his foam gun and said "See, it says 'My Tea Gun'". Silly boy!
 Once I got Markus down for his nap, and while I cleaned up lunch, I helped Joli make the paper I had promised she could make several days ago. She saw Markus' and couldn't wait to make her own. It was a lot easier with her since she could do most of it herself.





 Here is the other bunch of flowers I bought myself and put out on the front porch.
 While I was outside I noticed that the lettuce had finally gotten tired of the heat and had started to bolt. So I harvested almost all of it. This is a little more than half of what I picked, the rest I took to our neighbor's in hopes that they could use some.
 While I was over there, they wonderfully shared the artichoke crop! So yummy!!
It wasn't the best day ever, but at least we really did get to spend some time together. Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully a better day.

1 comment:

Miss Elena said...

You guys did some fun stuff today. It makes me sad that Markus is having a hard time. I hope things get better though. You are such a sweet, loving, creative Mommy; I'm sure that helps everyone!